Not a great deal going on in Sydney this morning. There’s a mix of straight south and NE wind swell stuff, but at best it’s only around the 8 second mark at about a metre at sea. That means marginal to nearly flat for lots of places. Take the floatiest option in your surf arsenal if you’re keen to get in.
As of 0700 wind was light and SSW, but the Bureau says it’ll swing SE soon and could be up into the 25 kt range by afternoon.
Swell doesn’t look like improving at all today, so might be a good one to be off to work or school.
Tomorrow might see a slight improvement to the swell energy, but the wind is expected to still be SE. By Weds the swell could be a bit bigger again and it might actually be somewhat interesting for the morning sesh. Tide was low today just a bit before 0500 so it’ll be starting to come back in after 0615 on Weds. Combine the incoming push with light and variable winds and it could be fun at south spots. And Thursday looks better still…
Today’s postcard from Cali is a screengrab from swellmagnet.com’s Huntington Beach pier cam. It’s a touch bigger down there than here in Santa Barbara. Got my fingers crossed for later in the week though when we might get a little west pulse if all goes well…
Have a great Monday!
A fresh southerly wind change follows in the wake of a trough slowly extending up the northern half of the coast expected to exit the region on Tuesday. Winds are expected to ease behind the wind change although remain strong over the South Coast due to a cold front passing over the southern Tasman Sea. Winds will gradually turn to the north again by the end of the week as a high pressure system moves over the Tasman Sea.
Forecast for Monday until midnight
- South to southeasterly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 25 knots offshore in the afternoon. Winds easing to 10 to 15 knots in the evening.
- 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres offshore during the morning.
- Southerly below 1 metre.
- Cloudy. 30% chance of a shower this morning.
Tuesday 11 November
- South to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots.
- Around 1 metre.
- Southerly 1 to 1.5 metres.
- Cloudy. 40% chance of showers.
Wednesday 12 November
- Variable about 10 knots becoming east to northeasterly 10 to 15 knots during the afternoon.
- Below 1 metre.
- Southerly 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres offshore.