Kinda messy start to the day, but there should be some chest plus sets at SE magnet spots thanks to an 11-sec, 1.5+ metre swell. The NE wind was 10 kts or so at daybreak, so clean options will be limited or non-existent. And the wind will be with you all day. Tide was low at 0600, so at least there should be some push on the incoming.
Friday outlook seems to be for slightly smaller and more NE conditions ahead of a late SE change. So, not brilliant, but if you’re really keen, there should be a grovel about.
Today’s postcard is a screengrab from offshoretheater’s webcam at California Street in Ventura.
A high pressure system is slowly moving east across the southern Tasman Sea maintaining a ridge to New South Wales north coast. Northerly winds will increase during Friday ahead of a gusty southerly change associated with a cold front developing on the south coast in the afternoon, extending to Sydney Waters late evening and to the far north coast during Saturday morning. Winds are expected to gradually turn east to northeasterly during Sunday and Monday as another high moves towards the Bass Strait.
Forecast for Thursday until midnight
- Easterly 10 to 15 knots turning northeasterly 15 to 20 knots during the day.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning.
- Southerly 1.5 metres.
- Partly cloudy.
Friday 14 November
Strong Wind Warning for Friday for Sydney Coast
- North to northeasterly 15 to 20 knots shifting south to southeasterly 20 to 25 knots in the late evening. Winds reaching up to 30 knots in the late evening.
- 1 to 2 metres.
- South to southeasterly 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to around 1 metre during the afternoon.
- Mostly sunny.
Saturday 15 November
- South to southeasterly 20 to 30 knots becoming southerly 15 to 20 knots during the morning then turning east to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots during the afternoon.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres, decreasing to 1 metre during the morning.
- Northeasterly 1 to 2 metres, tending southerly 1.5 to 2 metres during the morning.
- Cloudy. 30% chance of a shower.