Getting down to the last little nub of our latest swell. It’s shifted more to the SE and as of 0500 was a touch under 1.5 metres at about 10 seconds apart. As of 0730 that was translating into waist to waist plus set wave faces at Dee Why for the small crew in the water. Wind wasn’t a factor and with the next high tide at 1120, it wasn’t too fat looking either.
The outlook is for conditions to gradually get smaller today and be pretty marginal to nearly flat for the next two or three days.
Longer range models are still projecting an uptick for late in the weekend but they seem to be less enthusiastic than a day or two ago. The most hopeful projections show solid east swell for early next week, but others are projecting only a small, wind swell bump from about Sunday. It all depends on whether or not things go nuts in the Coral Sea next weekend…
Have yourself a top old Monday and keep on smilin’!
A trough extends from northern New South Wales across the southeast straddled between two weak high pressure systems. This trough is expected to move slowly to the northeast by Tuesday followed by a southerly wind change as the high pressure system to the west extends a ridge over the south. This high should become established over the Tasman Sea by Wednesday bringing the return of an east to northeasterly airstream.
Forecast for Monday until midnight
- South to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots becoming east to northeasterly 10 to 15 knots in the late afternoon. A south to southeasterly wind change of 10 to 15 knots is expected in the late evening.
- Below 1 metre.
- Southeasterly around 1 metre.
- Partly cloudy.
Tuesday 10 March
- Southeasterly 15 to 20 knots decreasing to 10 to 15 knots in the morning.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing below 1 metre during the morning.
- Northeasterly below 1 metre.
- Cloudy. 70% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening.
Wednesday 11 March
- North to northeasterly 15 to 20 knots.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the afternoon or evening.
- Southeasterly below 1 metre.
- Partly cloudy. 40% chance of showers.