While the wind had backed off to just a breeze for the early risers, and while the swell was close to 3 metres from the SSE at about 9 seconds apart, it was very junky and messy everywhere. Biggest waves I saw were at Long Reef where there were set wave faces into the head high range. But as you can see from the picture below, it was pretty chunky and the waves were tough to get into. Second place for surf options would be the stretch of beach from the club to No Mans. Again, very messy and junky and the high percentage of shutdowns issue continues. The point was inconsistent and largely being missed by the bigger ones. Around at Collaroy to Narrabeen, it didn’t appear that there were any surf options to speak of.
Tide’s high at 0930, so that’s not helping the cause much either. The southerly’s expected to come up soon and then to go SE later. Oh, and the swell energy is likely to fade noticeably across the day.
Tomorrow looks like being marginal again, but in a different way. It’ll be NE 15-25 kts by the middle part of the day and the swell will continue to fade. Early probably going to be the best shot.
Longer term outlook is for marginal early in the week and micro for the back half as average periods get into sub-8 second range.
Have your self a top old Saturday and stay happy!
A high pressure system behind the recent front will extend a ridge to the coast on Saturday, causing winds to moderate and tend easterly. On Sunday the high will move over the Tasman Sea and direct northeasterly winds over the entire New South Wales Coast.
Forecast for Saturday until midnight
- Southerly 10 to 15 knots, reaching up to 20 knots offshore early in the morning. Winds turning east to southeasterly in the afternoon.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to 1 metre during the morning.
- Southerly 2 metres, increasing to 2 to 3 metres during the morning, then decreasing to 1.5 to 2 metres by early evening.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower inshore, near zero chance elsewhere.
Sunday 13 December
- Easterly about 10 knots tending east to northeasterly 10 to 15 knots before dawn then becoming northeasterly 15 to 25 knots in the middle of the day.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 2 metres during the morning.
- Southerly 1.5 to 2 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning.
- Cloudy. 30% chance of a shower in the morning and early afternoon.
Monday 14 December
- North to northeasterly 15 to 25 knots.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning.
- Northeasterly 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to around 1 metre during the morning.
- Mostly sunny.