Sunday smooth and there are waves

Posted by: on August 7th, 2016

Hello Friends,

A touch over 2 metres of SE swell at about 10-sec apart rolling into Sydney’s beaches this morning. Dee Why point was seeing waist to chest plusses when I checked for the first time at 0800. At the time skies were overcast but not looking like raining immediately. Wind was light and from the west at North Head. Outlook is for the wind to stay light and the swell should stick around about the current size through the day but be distinctly smaller by evening. Tide is coming into the high at 1120.
Outlook is for tomorrow to be small but potentially still surfable at south magnets in the morning. There might be a few scraps on Tuesday and then it’s shaping to be pretty marginal from there through the weekend according to the models.
It’s gonna be busy anywhere with waves today, but it’s also your best shot at something (probably) for the next week…
Go well with your Sunday and stay happy!

dy point

Sets looked okay at 0800

dy point surfers

Smaller ones wrapping around the point

dy beach

Waves up toward No Man’s too, but looks like a lot of shutdowns


.
.
.

Weather Situation
A high pressure system near Tasmania extends a ridge over New South Wales, and will slowly drift east during the next day or two. This pattern will continue to direct southerly winds over most waters today, shifting more northerly on Monday as the high reaches the Tasman Sea. The next cold front is forecast to sweep across the state mid-week.
Forecast for Sunday until midnight
Winds
Southeast to southwesterly about 10 knots.
Seas
Below 1 metre.
Swell
Southeasterly 2 to 2.5 metres.
Weather
Partly cloudy. 80% chance of showers.
Monday 8 August
Winds
Southwesterly 10 to 15 knots becoming east to northeasterly about 10 knots in the evening.
Seas
Around 1 metre.
Swell
Southeasterly 1.5 to 2 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning.
Weather
Partly cloudy. 70% chance of showers offshore, 30% chance elsewhere.
Tuesday 9 August
Winds
Northerly 15 to 25 knots.
Seas
Around 1 metre, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres during the afternoon or evening.
Swell
Southeasterly around 1 metre.
Weather
Partly cloudy.

No Comments So Far!

Post a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.