Still a few little waves left

Posted by: on August 22nd, 2017

Hello Friends,

Looks like the waves have faded in line with expectations, but as of 0720 there were still little SE waves coming into Dee Why beach and the point. I’d call them waist to chest high. It was 1.6 metres at 11.5 sec as of 0500. Tide is high at 0835 and will be back to low at 1425. Wind should be light from the SW for most of the (sunny) day.
Outlook is for the rest of the week to be small to near flat, so if you have the option, this morning could be as good as it gets for the next week or so – if the forecast models have it right.
And now a Public Service announcement from your chagrined correspondent. Nil by mouth means don’t eat or drink or do anything that could activate your digestive system before an operation – including chewing on a bit of sugarless gum. Yep, I’m that idiot. Back in the RNSH queue for me and my surfer’s ear.
Have a top old day!

Catchable ones still at 0720

Another little wave at the point

Lines but no takers up the beach

Weather Situation
A trough moving northward along the New South Wales Coast today is bringing a weak and short-lived southwest to southeasterly change. Winds will then shift northerly again ahead of the next cold front approaching from the southwest, which looks set to bring a more robust southerly change late Wednesday and Thursday.
Forecast for Tuesday until midnight
Winds
South to southwesterly about 10 knots becoming east to southeasterly in the evening then becoming north to northeasterly in the late evening.
Seas
Below 0.5 metres, increasing to below 1 metre offshore.
Swell
Southeasterly 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to around 1 metre later in the evening.
Weather
Sunny.
Wednesday 23 August
Winds
Variable about 10 knots becoming north to northeasterly 10 to 15 knots in the morning.
Seas
Below 1 metre, increasing to around 1 metre around midday.
Swell
Southeasterly below 1 metre.
Weather
Partly cloudy. 70% chance of showers offshore, 30% chance elsewhere.
Thursday 24 August
Winds
Southerly 15 to 25 knots.
Seas
1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1 to 2 metres during the afternoon.
Swell
Southerly below 1 metre.
Weather
Cloudy. 90% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm.

No Comments So Far!

Post a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

 

Page optimized by WP Minify WordPress Plugin