Impressive clouds over the city this morning but far from impressive conditions at Dee Why as we finished up November. Wind was faintly SSW early but should come around to the NE and reach 10 -15 kts as the day warms up. The MHL buoy is showing a metre of swell height at sea – unchanged since day before yesterday. The dominant period and direction have been bouncing around between coming from the east at about 8 seconds to coming from the south at around 12 sec. The advice is once again to go back to where you found waves yesterday.
Tide hit a 1.5 m high at 0610 and is currently dropping to a 0.5m low at 1220.
Should be a warm 27 today and given the clouds, it’s no surprise that the possibility of showers are in the forecast.
The Goat’s Thursday forecast should be along later today so I’ll be keen, as always, to see what he makes of the models. From my cursory look it would seem that there’s reason to be hopeful about next week’s surf outlook – particularly for the mornings at east magnets.
Have a great Thursday everyone and go well!
A slow-moving high pressure system near New Zealand extends a ridge towards northeast New South Wales, directing generally east to northeasterly winds along the coast. Winds will freshen gradually ahead of a significant southerly change on Sunday and Monday.
Forecast for Thursday until midnight
- Northeasterly about 10 knots increasing to 10 to 15 knots in the late afternoon. Winds reaching up to 20 knots offshore in the late evening.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to around 1 metre by early evening.
- Easterly below 1 metre.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower this morning.
Friday 1 December
- Northeasterly 15 to 25 knots.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres around midday.
- East to northeasterly below 1 metre.
- Mostly sunny. 30% chance of a shower inshore in the afternoon. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere.
Saturday 2 December
- North to northeasterly 20 to 30 knots.
- 2 to 3 metres.
- Northeasterly around 1 metre inshore, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore during the morning.
- Partly cloudy. 70% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening.