15-25 kts of southerly blowing from daybreak and by 0630 it seemed to be pushing up a little wind swell. There was at least one person hanging out at the point but I didn’t see them catch anything and up the beach there wasn’t any significant sign of activity. Yesterday’s NE wind swell seems to have been steamrolled away by the wind change. Whether the south change will do us any favours on the wave front remains to be seen. As for the week ahead, may I refer you to the Goat’s wisdom down the page.
The 1.6 m high tide is at 0715 and the 0.5 m low will occur at 1345.
Have yourself a fine Friday and stay happy!
A high pressure system over the western Tasman Sea will be the dominant synoptic feature in the region during the next few days. This high will direct north to northeasterly winds over New South Wales waters. A short-lived southerly change south of Hunter will weaken during the day with winds tending northerly throughout in the evening. Another weak change is forecast to affect southern parts of the coast on Saturday.
Forecast for Friday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Friday for Sydney Coast
- Southeast to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 30 knots inshore early in the morning. Winds tending north to northeasterly 15 to 20 knots in the evening.
- 1 to 2 metres, decreasing below 1 metre by early evening.
- Northeasterly 1.5 to 2 metres, decreasing to 1.5 metres during the morning, then decreasing to around 1 metre during the afternoon.
Saturday 16 December
- North to northeasterly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 25 knots offshore early in the morning and again in the evening.
- 1 to 2 metres.
- Northeasterly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning.
- Mostly sunny morning. The chance of a thunderstorm inshore in the early afternoon.
Sunday 17 December
- North to northeasterly 15 to 25 knots tending south to southeasterly 15 to 20 knots during the day then tending east to northeasterly 10 to 15 knots during the afternoon.
- 1 to 2 metres.
- Northeasterly 1 to 1.5 metres.
- Partly cloudy.