See if this sounds familiar… it’s really tiny but skies are blue and air is mild. A solid swell is expected in the next 24-48 hours and I’m at a favourite spot. No one’s out because it’s nearly flat. But every ten minutes or so a tiny but possibly catchable line rolls in. It might be thigh high. Maybe. I’m a 20 minute walk from the spot. Do I chance it and make the hike or do I wait for tomorrow when the swell should be starting to show?
(Above) Maybe thigh high little peak every 15-20 min
The set up