Monday opens the batting with only a faint offshore and sunny skies. Swell’s dropped away overnight, but is still coming from the SE at around the 1.5 metre mark with an average period of 11 seconds. Next tide is a low at 0920. Water is about 21C.
Today should see the swell to hang around at about the current size. The wind should gradually build from the east to NE and is expected to be 10-15 kts by this afternoon.
There should be little waves for the rest of the week, but tomorrow is expected to be blowing pretty hard from the NE and then the models show it turning south for Weds before going back NE again for Thursday. Friday might be south again. So, it’s looking like wind, wind and more wind.
Yesterday morning for the first time in months, I had an opportunity to take the camera to the beach and grab a few snaps of ordinary folks having fun in the raw head to overhead conditions. If you were in the water at Dee Why, you might find yourself among the pics.
Have a great day!
A high lies over the Tasman Sea and is extending a ridge along the New South Wales coast. The next low pressure trough is expected to approach from the west, bringing showers to some southern districts as it crosses New South Wales early in the new week. Another trough is expected to move across the state during Tuesday, passing through southern parts of the coast on Tuesday evening, and central parts of the coast during Wednesday.
Forecast for Monday until midnight
- East to northeasterly about 10 knots increasing to 10 to 15 knots in the early afternoon.
- Below 1 metre.
- Easterly 1.5 metres.
- Mostly sunny.
Tuesday 16 December
Strong Wind Warning for Tuesday for Sydney Coast
- Northeasterly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 30 knots in the evening. Winds turning northerly 20 to 25 knots in the evening.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1.5 metres during the morning, then increasing to 2 to 2.5 metres around midday.
- Easterly 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to around 1 metre during the morning, then increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres by early evening.
- Partly cloudy. 40% chance of showers.
Wednesday 17 December