Getting the pictures and Bureau forecast up for now…
Looking very fat, slow and lumpy at the point and along the beach at 0700. Wind is SSW 12-15 kts and tide is heading to a deep 2.03 m high at 1010. Should get to 22 today with the odd shower under mostly cloudy skies. The wind is set to fade back across the day, so just maybe on low tide there will be something worthy going on, particularly given that both the south and east-NE swells are set to increase…
I’ll keep an eye on it and update if it looks interesting!
A broad area of low pressure lies off the New South Wales coast, within which a number of localised low pressure circulations are forecast to develop during the next couple of days. This is expected to result in a complex and highly variable wind pattern over most waters, as determined by the positioning of the low centres. During Tuesday, the most significant of these lows is likely to deepen off the southern coast before moving out of New South Wales waters on Wednesday. A fairly weak pressure pattern is forecast to feature in the latter part of the week as a high moves across from the Bight.
Forecast for Tuesday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Tuesday for Sydney Coast
- South to southwesterly 15 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots during the morning and early afternoon. Winds decreasing to 10 to 15 knots in the late evening.
- 2 to 3 metres.
- 1st Swell
- East to northeasterly 1.5 metres, increasing to 2 to 2.5 metres by early evening.
- 2nd Swell
- Southerly 1 to 1.5 metres inshore, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres offshore.
- Cloudy. 70% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm offshore.
- Large and powerful surf conditions are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as crossing bars by boat and rock fishing.
Wednesday 6 December
Strong Wind Warning for Wednesday for Sydney Coast
- West to southwesterly 20 to 30 knots, turning northwesterly 15 to 25 knots in the middle of the day.
- 2 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the afternoon.
- 1st Swell
- East to northeasterly about 2.5 metres.
- 2nd Swell
- Southerly 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to around 1 metre during the morning.
- Partly cloudy. 90% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm offshore in the morning and afternoon.
Thursday 7 December
- Northwesterly 15 to 20 knots turning northeasterly 15 to 20 knots during the afternoon.
- 1 to 1.5 metres.
- Easterly 2 to 2.5 metres, decreasing to 1.5 metres during the morning.
- Mostly sunny.