Another day of microscopic surf conditions for World Ocean Day. The best wave I saw was the one shown below at Queenscliff. Super clean and pretty, but very short period – and the crew on ’em were doing a lot of waiting. Air temp was 11C but the 15 kt WNW made it feel even colder. You had to be keen.
Swell at sea was under a metre and coming from the NE at around 7 seconds apart. Ocean temp is on 19C.
Some of the models are showing a little bump in energy levels tomorrow and Friday, but looking at the ocean now, I don’t know…
Have yourself a good one!
Strong northerly winds are expected to ease and shift westerly this morning as a cold front crosses the region. Meanwhile, a low pressure system is forming along the southern coast this morning, producing fresh easterly winds along the coast south from its centre. This low will linger along the coast until Friday, but is then expected to move away to the south by Saturday, with easterly winds along southern parts of the coast tending fresh to strong west to southwesterly.
Forecast for Wednesday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Wednesday for Sydney Coast
- Northerly 10 to 15 knots tending northwesterly 15 to 20 knots in the morning. Winds reaching up to 30 knots offshore in the evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres during the morning.
- Northeasterly 1 to 1.5 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 95% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm during this afternoon and evening.
Thursday 10 June
Strong Wind Warning for Thursday for Sydney Coast
- Northwesterly 20 to 30 knots tending north to northwesterly 15 to 25 knots in the morning.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres, decreasing to 1 metre during the afternoon.
- Northeasterly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning, then increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres by early evening.
- Cloudy. Near 100% chance of showers.
Friday 11 June
- Northwesterly 15 to 20 knots turning west to southwesterly 20 to 30 knots during the day.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres during the afternoon or evening.
- East to northeasterly 1 to 2 metres.
- Cloudy. 90% chance of showers.