Not the greatest looking morning at Dee Why, but definitely better than the last couple of days. For one thing there are catchable lumps, and the wind wasn’t too bad early. Size looks to be in the waist to maybe shoulder plus range. It has a close-together, wind-swelly look too. Size at sea is 1.4 metres at 9 seconds and it’s coming from the east. The Bureau tells us that the WNW breeze at 0730 will swing northerly and pick up into the 15-25 kt range. The showers will continue as well. Water’s going to be suss at lots of places too (Warriewood water treatment plant released partially treated effluent yesterday afternoon).
If you’re wondering about the weekend prospects, good news, the ever reliable Goat has considered the portents for us.
Have a great Friday everyone, and stay safe!
A trough over inland New South Wales will continue to remain near stationary as a high pressure system over the Tasman Sea remains slow moving, directing strong east to northeasterly winds along the coast. North to northeasterly winds are forecast to persist as the trough weakens on Friday, and then tend northwesterly in the south on the weekend as a front and associated trough approach from the west.
Forecast for Friday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Friday for Sydney Coast
- Northerly 15 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots offshore during the morning and again in the late evening.
- 2 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1 to 2 metres around midday.
- Northeasterly 2 metres.
- Cloudy. 90% chance of rain.
Saturday 14 May
Strong Wind Warning for Saturday for Sydney Coast
- Northerly 15 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots offshore during the morning.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
- Northeasterly 1 to 1.5 metres inshore, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres offshore.
- Partly cloudy.
Sunday 15 May
- North to northwesterly 15 to 20 knots tending west to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots during the morning then decreasing to about 10 knots during the afternoon.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing below 1 metre during the morning.
- Northeasterly 1.5 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 50% chance of showers.