Only a few places doing anything interesting with the 1.8 metre, 8 second NE wind swell this morning. Just the usual summer suspects. Sets at the best exposures were into the shoulder plus range and although the period’s on the short side, some sections had a bit of energy to them. Surface conditions were, as the pictures show, lumpy but not too textured. Wind was light north early but it should settle around to the NE in due course. Skies were mostly cloudy and drizzly, but every now and then a bright spot would appear and the world would be a bit more colourful.
Conditions look likely to be a touch smaller for the early but still more or less surfable at the standouts. The wind’s set to kick in from the north for the early, but then the Bureau says it’s going south. At the same time the surf prospects will dim to more marginal for Sunday morning – and the rest of the week from the look of the models.
Go well everyone!
Northeasterly flow today associated with a low pressure system and associated trough approaching from the west. This system is expected to weaken as it moves east today. During Saturday winds will turn southerly as this trough moves across coastal waters and a ridge of high pressure develops to the west.
Forecast for Friday until midnight
- Northeasterly 15 to 20 knots turning northerly in the late evening. Inshore winds near the coast about 10 knots this morning.
- 1.5 metres.
- Northeasterly around 1 metre inshore, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore.
- Cloudy. 80% chance of showers.
Saturday 24 September
- Northerly 15 to 20 knots shifting southerly in the middle of the day. Winds reaching up to 25 knots inshore in the early afternoon.
- 1 to 1.5 metres.
- 1st Swell
- Southerly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres later in the evening.
- 2nd Swell
- Northeasterly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning, then decreasing to around 1 metre later in the evening.
- Cloudy. 80% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm.
Sunday 25 September
- Southerly 10 to 15 knots becoming variable about 10 knots during the day.
- Around 1 metre.
- 1st Swell
- Southerly around 1 metre.
- 2nd Swell
- East to northeasterly around 1 metre.
- Mostly sunny.