Very small and inconsistent but not zippo

Posted by: on June 28th, 2017

Hello Friends,

Cloudy skies, glassy seas and a tiny south swell combining to deliver the occasional waist high take-off for the patient folks bobbing around at the point at 0730. In between the one or two wave sets it pretty much looks like a lake.
Tide was low at 0545 and is heading back to a 1.45m high at 1155.
Prospects for an improvement still look about the same as yesterday, ie a solid south pulse hitting overnight Thursday and filling in during the morning on Friday along with 25-35 kts of SW wind. With luck the pulse – which could be into the head plus range – should last through to Monday if the models are right.
Have a great day everyone!

Bomb set at 0730

Weather Situation
A trough and associated cold front will bring a west to southwesterly change to southern and central parts of the New South Wales coast today, continuing to the north on Thursday. A second front will move along the coast late Thursday and Friday, accompanied by vigorous southerly winds. A low pressure system is then forecast to develop within the front as it moves across the Tasman Sea, while a new high pressure system develops over New South Wales in its wake.
Forecast for Wednesday until midnight
Winds
Northwest to northeasterly 10 to 15 knots.
Seas
Around 1 metre.
Swell
Southerly around 1 metre.
Weather
Cloudy. 70% chance of rain offshore, 30% chance elsewhere.
Thursday 29 June
Winds
Northwest to southwesterly 10 to 15 knots tending westerly 15 to 20 knots in the afternoon, reaching 25 knots offshore in the evening.
Seas
Around 1 metre.
Swell
Southerly below 1 metre.
Weather
Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower offshore.
Friday 30 June
Winds
Southwesterly 25 to 35 knots.
Seas
1.5 to 2.5 metres, increasing to 2.5 to 4 metres during the morning.
Swell
Southerly below 1 metre, increasing to 2 to 3 metres during the morning.
Weather
Partly cloudy. 50% chance of showers.

No Comments So Far!

Post a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

 

Page optimized by WP Minify WordPress Plugin